Service Centers and the National Benefit Center
- Where To File
- Our service area varies depending on the type of form you will file, and the filing instructions for that form. This office processes cases that various form instructions indicate are to be mailed to us. Applications and petitions to be filed here must be filed by mail unless the form instructions offer an e-filing option.
File your application/petition following the instructions for the application or petition. When you file, we will mail you a receipt within 30 days after we receive your case. Your receipt will describe how your case will be processed.
- Recent Filing Instruction Changes
- There are no changes at this time.
- For all inquiries regarding your case, please use this website, or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Here, on our website, you can monitor the status of your case and check the estimated processing time. You can also register to receive automatic updates about the status of your case via e-mail and/or text messages.
If you filed your case under our Premium Processing program, your Form I-797 receipt notice indicates how you can contact the service center directly.
- Case Services
- If you believe there is a problem with a case that you filed, you have moved, or you are in need of other services, the National Customer Service Center offers a variety of Case Services for a case that is pending or completed.